Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can I change the language on my HP laptop?

Hi, maybe this is a dumb question but I'm going ask it anyways:



I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx notebook, with Vista Home Premium.

I bought the notebook here in NYC so of course the language is in English; but I'm a native of Sicily, Italy.



I was wondering if there is a way that I could change the language in my notebook from English to Italian?



I know that you can change how the clock it set, the country, keyboard, ect,..



But what I'm wondering is how I could change the language to where, when you log in and it says %26quot;welcome%26quot; how I could make it so it would say %26quot;benvenuto%26quot;? Is there anyway I could do this?



I'm not really good with technical aspects of a computer, so if there is anyway to do this, I'm going to need a little explaining...



Thanks!Can I change the language on my HP laptop?
Go into your Start Menu %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; Region and Language %26gt; Format (change to Italy) %26gt; Location Tab Change to Italy



Lol, that's how you change your Laptop over. Good luck!



You can either allow it to download the language pack from MS or the Windows CD you have (or may not have) will have the language packs on it. =)Can I change the language on my HP laptop?
Hi that would be a question to ask when you buy the laptop.

when one has the software disk it is possible to set up with dual language use.

that is a facility of the xp and vista programs, like wise the other software packages.

laptop posibilty and a desktop but not likely on a notebook.Can I change the language on my HP laptop?
You can load font here:http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/fonts/it , and this is how to do it:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314960 . Arivaderchi! { or something like that}Can I change the language on my HP laptop?
To change the Menus and Interface of Vista to Italian from English, you need to use the Language pack.

Here is a link on how to do it, but I am afraid Microsoft messed up with this as much as they did with the whole thing of Vista, so it's not too easy to do.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libra



Hope this helps though...