Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the language setting on word?

Microsoft Word (the latest version) keeps switching the default language back to French; which changes the keyboard settings. I double click and reset back to default English US and it almost immediately goes back to French. I'm trying to get it to English. I've tried changing the dictionary language and the default language with no avail. I am typing in English too not French so it's not detecting the language in switching, it's just switching.

Any ideas? ThanksHow do I change the language setting on word?
There are two parts to this: Setting the language for the current document and setting the Default language for future documents based on the current template. Here's how to do both:



Then, in Word versions prior to Word 2007:



1. Press CTRL/A to select the entire document.

2. Click the Tools-%26gt;Language-%26gt;Set Language menu item.

3. Select the language you want in the list box.

4. If you want to make this the default language for future documents, click the Default button.

5. Click Yes in the message box.

6. Click OK.



In Word 2007:



1. Press CTRL/A to select the entire document.

2. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon.

3. In the Proofing section, click Set Language.

4. Continue as in Step 3, above.



That should do it.How do I change the language setting on word?
Hmm..



Check down the bottom right of your taskbar (start menu) and see if there are two letters written there

EN for english, I'm not sure about french, probably FR, if so click on them and set the keyboard settings there.



I had the same problem today for about 30 seconds and once I highlighted the text before resetting the language then it finally changed like I told it too.