Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to add English language support on laptop with German Keyboard?

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters %26amp; behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn檛 work.



I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !How to add English language support on laptop with German Keyboard?
Right click the toolbar in the bottom of Windows XP. Go to the toolbar and right click it. Then go to the menu option %26quot;Toolbars%26quot; and select Language Bar. From there it is self explanatory. If you do not have the Language Bar as an option then go to Windows Update and make sure you have Service Pack 3.